Monday 6 September 2010

After the Gale - Part 2 - Calling potential circumnavigators.

 Day 2 tracking map Here

It's Monday afternoon in Oban (and presumably everwhere else) and we're sorting the boat (and ourselves) out after the 35 hour passage from Northern Ireland. I have come to the difficult decision to withdraw from this magnificent adventure for my own safety (and my health) and to allow Keith and Alasdair to continue around Britain. I have agonised for the past 24 hours after realising that, physically, I am not up to the demanding nature of long passages and working on deck in bad weather for prolonged periods.

It hurts, but I have to be realistic and retire while it is still safe to do so.

Alasdair and Keith are still determined to complete this venture and offer an invitation to a reader of this blog to join them - preferably from Oban but this is negotiable. Sailing experience would be extremely useful. Keith's phone number is 07716016019 if you are interested

I will continue to post blogs from Alasdair & Keith via the miracles of the internet and we think the tracking will continue from Ali's phone, although it may only be location data.

Cheers for now, Iain

No comments: